St. Louis SVP focuses their contributions and volunteer time on organizations that provide educational programs for disadvantaged youth.
St. Louis SVP will make an initial $10,000 single-year grant that is renewable for 2-3 years at the end of the first year. During the first year of funding, the relationship with each grantee will be carefully reviewed to determine the extent and desire for further support, including possible multi-year funding and capacity building work. Each organization is also asked to identify an active Board member who will be the Board’s liaison to SVP to ensure Board support in every decision.
St. Louis SVP-funded organizations must be nominated by either an SVP Partner or an RBC member. SVP funds non-profits where Partners can have a significant and positive impact on the organization and their infrastructure. St. Louis SVP looks for an organization that:
- Has an Executive Director who is open and receptive to SVP involvement
- Has an engaged Board of Directors
- Would benefit not only from SVP’s financial support but also from the business expertise of the Partners
- Is stable and ready to move to the next level but needs some assistance
- Is innovative and offers unique programming
- Has broad appeal
- Has enough staff to implement capacity-building efforts
- Has a budget between $250,000 and $2 million
- Has been in operation for at least 3 years
- Has its own 501(c)3 status - SVP does not invest in programs run by larger organizations